The Vanilla Experience should be a place where everyone can enjoy themselves. Keep everyone in mind when you do something, and avoid behavior that would make others feel unwelcome or uncomfortable.
- Keep it civil. Potentially sensitive topics (like politics, religion, and sex) are allowed in public chats as long as there is no hateful, inflammatory, or harassing language. Remember: criticize the ideas, not people.
- Choose your (curse) words wisely. Don’t use profanity randomly for no reason, don’t use it in almost every message you send, and don't use it to be insulting, antagonizing, or inflaming.
- Follow the 50/100 claiming rule: you may claim up to 50 blocks beyond the furthest point of your build, and you must claim at least 100 blocks away from other players. Don’t claim unnecessarily large areas, don’t claim things just to sell them, and don't claim land you don’t plan to build on (within a month). Due to players trying to place just a few blocks to claim land, it is up to staff discretion if a build is significant enough to justify a claim.
Don't be a Jerk
The Vanilla Experience is a tight-knit community server and a place for everyone to play together! We do not allow any behavior that intentionally hurts others. Never do anything to purposely be upsetting, insulting, or annoying to anyone else on our servers.
- Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed.
- Any word blocked by a filter is never allowed no matter how it's written, even if it gets around the filter itself.
- Slurs that are sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. are never allowed.
- Respect other's builds. Use a stick to see what's claimed (or unclaimed) or use our Dynmap (/map in game) to get a birds-eye-view of claims. Few examples of what you can and can not do:
- CAN steal from unclaimed chests in any world.
- CAN claim structures/builds from players who have not logged in for 30+ days. Please be respectful to all builds on the server. Just because you're now the claim owner of something you didn't build, does not give you the right to grief it. If you're going to claim something from another player, treat it with respect, and repurpose the structure!
- Use /co inspect to see who built it, and then type /seen to see when the player last joined the server.
- CAN request builds from players who have not logged in for 120+ days to be disbanded in our #staff-help Discord channel, with a good reason as to why you want the claim.
- Please note: that just because someone has been offline for 120+ days, does not mean the claim will be removed every time. We like to keep some stuff preserved as server history, especially if the build looks good! You can ensure your builds are safe if you're taking a break by filling out this form!
- DO NOT break structures/claim structures that others built with intentions of travelling, such as railroads, ice-roads, etc. They can not be claimed easily, and shouldn't be destroyed.
- DO NOT break other players beacons, hoppers, automatic farms, etc; unless, they have not been online within the last 30+ days.
- DO NOT grief mob farms/spawners (that a player is using/built) or other structures built by players in the End or Nether. Claims are disabled in these two worlds for many reasons, but this does not allow for griefing.
- DO NOT leave land destroyed, griefed, or filled with "noob" towers; Don't make the land ugly.
- DO NOT steal from a claim that you are trusted in, steal from containers/shulkers players placed at spawn/in their claim, or items from a player who just recently died; Ask in chat who's items you just found.
The challenge of survival is what makes it fun, please don’t ruin the fun for everyone else!
- The Vanilla Experience is a “PvP free” server. This means you should never attempt to kill another player outside of PvP claims (traps, lava, tnt, etc), and without first agreeing on fighting each other. Additionally, you should return all items unless an agreement otherwise is made beforehand. Never use any means of bypassing PvP protection such as player traps, lava, fire, and pushing players into deadly situations. Inventories are kept on death in /warp pvp, and flying is disabled in this zone.
- Do not attempt to trick or scam others during item trades or agreed upon deals. Additionally, do not bid on an item you do not plan to buy - if you offer to pay more for something that someone else has already made an offer on, that is considered "bidding" and all bids are final!
- Alternate (“alt”) accounts are generally not allowed. We may approve their use on a case-by-case basis.
- Using an alt account to bypass a punishment can result in a longer ban. You are responsible for the activity of your account, as well as any consequences brought forward from breaking our rules. Please notify the staff team if there are multiple people who play on TVE in your household, so there are no questions about whether you are different people or one person using alt accounts. This makes our job easier and means we don't have to bother you about it in the future! Below is a list of things you can never do with an alt/multiple accounts:
- to evade bans,
- to AFK at farms (both mob and item farms) or keep redstone intensive machines loaded,
- to claim more than one shop plot across all owned accounts.
- You must be the legal owner of your Minecraft account, or have permission to use it by the legal owner. Usage of stolen accounts or services that provide stolen Minecraft accounts are strictly prohibited.
Hacks and Mods Policy
Any hack or mod that gives you an unfair advantage in the game is not allowed. Additionally, most vanilla exploits are allowed - ask in our Discord about certain exploits to be sure – unless they give you materials you are not supposed to have (such as duplication glitches or fishing exploits). Exploiting any non-vanilla features (our plugins) is prohibited. You may use any mods that fit into the categories below.
We allow modifications in the following categories:
- Mods that improve client performance (Optifine)
- Minimaps, as long as it doesn't show anything you can't normally see (caves, dungeon locations, etc.)
- Aesthetic modifications that do not give you an unfair advantage or change gameplay (Shaders)
- Inventory management systems, such as automatic organization
- Mods for recording gameplay (ReplayMod)
- The Schematica mod (auto-build and easy place features are prohibited)
- Armor and status HUDs (as long as info shown is accessible in vanilla)
- Macros (setting certain actions to specific buttons)
Current full list of allowed mods and their category and purpose:
To suggest a new mod that's allowed to be used on The Vanilla Experience servers, please #create-a-ticket on our Discord, and suggest the mod. We'll review it and discuss it, and get back to you within a few days. This is not to say these are the only mods that are allowed on MC-TVE; these are just the current list of confirmed mods you can use without worry of violating our rules.
- LambDynamicLights: Quality of Life; Allows dynamic lighting for Fabric.
- [Cr³stal](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/cr3stal): Visuals & Aesthetics; All it does is make the end crystal look like a rubix cube.
- [Giselbaer's Durability Viewer](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/giselbaers-durability-viewer): Quality of Life; This mod adds item and armor durability info in your main UI.
- [HWYLA](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/hwyla): Visual Aid; Provides a text on the top of the players screen with the name of the item or block the player is looking at.
- [Inventory Sorter](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/inventory-sorter): Quality of Life; It sorts an inventory using the mousewheel.
- [JEI](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/jei): Quality of Life, Optimizations; Quick access to crafting recipes.
- [JourneyMap](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/journeymap): Mini-map; Journeymap adds a minimap with various minimap features, similar to voxelmap and xaero's minimap.
- [Light Overlay](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/light-overlay): Quality of Life, Visual Aid; It gives a toggleable overlay to display light levels (enhancement of F3 feature).
- [Lithium](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/lithium): Game optimizations; General game optimizations mod.
- [Logical Zoom](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/logical-zoom): Quality of Life; This mod allows the player to zoom in game, its pretty much the same zoom type that is included with Optifine.
- [mAmbience](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/mambience): Immersion, Sounds; Gives contextual ambient sounds depending on your surroundings.
- [Mouse Tweaks](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/mouse-tweaks): Quality of Life; Various mouse related tweaks.
- [Optifine](https://optifine.net/downloads): Game optimizations, Shader enabler; Makes the game generally run better, enables the use for shaders.
- [Phosphor](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/phosphor-forge): Game optimizations; Optimizations mod with a focus on lighting engine improvements.
- [Shoulder Surfing Reloaded](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/shoulder-surfing-reloaded): Visuals & Aesthetics; It makes the third person view better and more easy to use.
- [Sodium](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/sodium): Optimizations & Fixes; this mod optimize the client side rendering engine in many different ways, (not compatible with optifine).
- [SoundFilters](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/sound-filters): Immersion, Sounds; SoundFilters adds sound reverb in deep and isolated locations
- [Travellers Map](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/travellers-map/files): Mini-Map; Travelers Map allows a Mini-Map to be up on your screen where ever you like it (right, left on bottom or top). It allows you to set way points so you can remember where things are.
- [Voxelmap](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/voxelmap): Mini-map; Give the player a highly customizable minimap with a waypoint system.
- [Xaero's Minimap](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/xaeros-minimap/): Mini-map; Xaero's MiniMap adds a minimap with various minimap features, similar to Voxelmap and Journeymap.
- [Litematica](https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/litematica): Quality of Life, Visual Aid; Allows creation and loading of schematics.
- [ReplayMod](https://www.replaymod.com/): Game-Recording; Allows players to record themselves and their surroundings with a lot of nifty tools.
Creators are awesome! Creators leaching off of others to promote their own work are not. You may share content you've created as long as you are not using our services merely as a means of promoting your own content. We may deny an individual from promoting their work if we feel this is being abused.
Never advertise other Minecraft servers, Realms, or Discord servers in any of our public chats. You may share this type of content in a private message, but only if the recipient requested the information first.
Reducing Lag: It is up to everyone in the community to help keep lag to a minimum. There are many factors that cause lag and you can read about them [here](https://forums.mctve.com/d/21-reducing-lag). If we find something on the server that is causing a problem with lag (such as large animal farms or grinders) we may have to shut it down and delete it without warning.
PVP Rules: PVP is no longer controlled by commands such as /pvp on and /pvp off. Owners of claims can toggle PVP to be enabled or disabled (true or false) inside of their own claim; You can enable pvp in your own claims with /cf. But you REQUIRE consent before you attack/kill anyone, even if they are in your claim; You may not trick people to enter your claim and then kill them. PVP is disabled completely in all non-claimed areas and inside of the spawn/marketplace. All /warps are PVP-free, unless stated otherwise in the warps description; When you enter a warp that has pvp enabled, it'll display a warning message.
Mob Restrictions: We have a system in place to restrict the number of mobs that can be in a certain area (more info here). Please do not try to circumvent this system. Additionally, mob grinder holding chambers must be either 1x1 or 1x2 blocks in size.
English Only: Please only use English in public and private chats on the server (party chats, local chat, private messages, etc). We are unable to moderate discussion in other languages and you will be asked to take it to a private channel outside of TVE.
Public Chat: Keep others in mind when talking in public chat. Personal and/or exclusive conversations are often better suited for DMs or party chat. Staff may direct you there if they feel your conversation is clogging chat.
Skins and Names: Your accounts skin and name must be PG and follow chat and communication rules. Controversial slang/slurs/words or historical/political figures are not allowed.
Mini-modding: You are not allowed to attempt to help a player when a staff member is clearly already helping them. We appreciate players trying to help out other players but if staff is already helping it can cause confusion. You can never act like you can enforce the rules or threaten punishment. We're always looking for new Helpers! If you think you'd be a good fit, apply here.
Staff Impersonation: Do not impersonate staff members or portray yourself as one when you are not. It is fine to share the rules with others, but please do not try to force others to follow them - reach out to a staff member if you need help or see someone breaking rules. Do not copy a staff members skin, or change your name to be similar to theirs, or their previous Minecraft names. Do not make "official" MC-TVE products or events without approval first. If you make something related to The Vanilla Experience, please make sure it's clear that it is not an official MC-TVE thing. We cannot moderate unofficial things and cannot be responsible for what happens related to them! (Examples: A private Discord consisting of members from MC-TVE; a player-ran event outside of MC-TVE with rewards.)
Stricter Rules: If they deem it necessary, staff can impose stricter, temporary rules than the ones written here to control a situation that is affecting player enjoyment. If you feel this power is abused feel free to contact us. But you still have to follow the rule once you're made aware of it.
Please note, that having a shop plot on TVE is not a right, it's a privilege. At any point, if you break any rules on the server, you may lose access to being able to manage a shop. If you do not follow any of the rules below, you will be asked to correct the issue with your plot. All shop plots at the Marketplace are first-come-first-serve. You may not hold a plot.
- You are not allowed to sell shop plots to other members on the server.
- You are not allowed to build underground or into the ground.
- If your shop overlaps with the pathways (or other spawn-related structures) of spawn, you may not edit or destroy them.
- A shop's purpose should be just that - a shop. You may not use it as a base.
- Powered beacons are not allowed inside of your shop plot.
- You may place a maximum of:
- 2 armour stands,
- 4 item frames,
- 1 lectern,
- 2 hoppers.
- Double chests are not allowed to be used. Single chests only!
- Please note: You must have one free space inside of the chest to sell items.
- Members can have a maximum of 12 single shop chests, and Pro+ donators can have 20.
- You may request a moderator to trust a friend inside your shop, giving you double the amount of chests inside the plot (split between you and your friend). But you may not own more than one shop.
- Not properly maintaining your shop plot will lead to its removal.
- Shops must have a minimum of 5 items being sold that are of value to the players at a sensible price.
- Your shop must look nice! If you put little effort into the shop (like a basic cobblestone box), then expect it to be removed or told to remodel it. Use PMC to get some build ideas.
- Shops must be restocked frequently.
- Newly created plots and shops undergoing renovation maintenance must be up and running within a week of starting work.
- You may not build nether portals, redstone devices, player trapping/killing contraptions or have donation/storage chests/barrels/shulkers/inventories inside of your shop.
- Pets are not allowed inside of your shop/at the marketplace/spawn.
- If left at spawn, they'll be deleted.
- Shop plots are unclaimed after 21 days of not logging into the server. You can protect your shop by filling out this form on our website!
- If you lose your shop plot, your valuable items inside of the chests will be temporarily stored by a member of the staff team. If you're inactive for 60+ days, these items are now owned by the Server, and will be used in future giveaways/events; You can claim your items back within the first 60 days of the shop being removed by simply asking a Moderator for them.
- Creating a replica of someone else's Artmap to sell is not allowed. Your art pieces must be server-originals, they can still be pixel-copied from websites. No plagiarizing other server members to sell them.
- - Shop plot location may be changed once every 30 days. Request it in #staff-help on Discord.
- - Shop must be accessible to all - no limiting others from using it. If it's floating, you need a ladder or staircase to access it.
Minimum prices for certain items:
- Netherite ingot's can no longer be sold below 25 diamonds.
- Beacon's can no longer be sold below 120 diamonds (i.e. Wither skeleton skulls must be priced at a minimum of 40 diamonds each.)
- Shulker boxes can no longer be sold below 10 diamonds (i.e. shulker shells are 5 diamonds each. Selling bulker items, you must add the 10 diamond shulker cost to full cost).
- Elytra's can no longer be sold below 64 diamonds.
- Totem's of undying can no longer be sold below 10 diamonds.
- Mending can no longer be sold below 15 diamonds.
- Sharpness V, Efficiency V, Unbreaking III, Fortune III, all* Protection Books IV can no longer be sold below 10 diamonds.
- All other enchantment books* can no longer be sold below 5 diamonds.
What does this mean for enchanted tools/weapons/armours?
- Netherite tools/weapons/armours must be priced at a minimum of 25 diamonds.
- If the Netherite tool/weapon/armour has enchantments, they must be priced accordingly.
- For example: If you're selling a Netherite pickaxe with mending, fortune, and efficiency 5, it must be a minimum of 60 diamonds.
Loopholes! Trying to get around minimums by instead selling items for dirt.. or.. stone.. or other items that are nowhere near worth the same amount, the shop will be deleted.
But wait! Just because these are the lowest "minimums" items can go, does not mean you must sell the items for this low. I personally think many of the things up above are worth much more than the minimum amount!
Non-shop Sales! Just because it's not being sold through our shop plugin, does not mean you can sell something for below the minimum price. If you're selling a beacon, it must be sold for no less than 120 diamonds.
Disputing a Rule or Punishment
If you would like to dispute a moderator’s decision, a punishment you’ve received, or one of our rules, please contact us privately. We understand that things can get frustrating and sometimes a discussion is necessary to make sure we are doing the right thing, but we don’t want a potentially sensitive discussion to interrupt everyone else who is playing. Please help us keep things peaceful and reach out for appeals, or #create-a-ticket on Discord for concerns about a decision made or rules that are in place.